Everyone:

We just got word that Neustar, which bought DNS service provider Nominum a few years ago, is shutting down Nominum's "secondary.com" service. The service used to provide secondary DNS for users' zones at no charge.

I and the other secondary.com users I know think it's reasonable for the company to charge a small but reasonable fee for the service instead of keeping it running for free. But alas, Neustar is getting greedy. The only alternative they offer is a $50-a-month "managed DNS" service, which we don't want or need. (We're fine maintaining our own master servers and zones; we just need a slave to use as a secondary.) So, we're looking for alternatives.

Does anyone on this list know of a good, BSD-based service which offers reasonably priced secondary DNS? Or reasonably priced servers at a server farm, where I and others can set up a secondary DNS server?

--Brett Glass