I have a 250GB drive that I use exclusively for unimportant data. I run smartd to watch the status of my drives and get regular output like:

smartd[1409]: Device: /dev/ad8, 4 Offline uncorrectable sectors

I've been seeing that exact message for a couple of years now and don't particularly care. I'd like to know if the drive's about to roll over and die, but I really don't need to know about the same 4 offline uncorrectable errors.

Is there a way to clear that message while leaving SMART enabled on the drive? I didn't see anything specifically answering it in smartctl(8) but wondered if I missed something.
--
Kirk Strauser