Guys, thanks to an unnamed firm studio I've got a database of some
that isn't supposed to be given away. It worked fine until version 5 or
6. I couldn't figure it out and quit using it favor of other free or
[ick] web services--- the web stuff delayed me for up to minutes. My
local copy was immediate and i could get on with my writing.
I thought it might be that the offset into the database had changed.
But now i don't think so. i just changed this ancient, pre 90's,
def from off_t to long. same problem.
Here is my printout from minutes ago. it's the same as when this failed
several years ago.
Why I'm using this as a database rather than some public is that the way
my syllabic database program is written, it depends on THIS (copuright)
// error output:
findWord(FILE *f =(05005707040), char *word = [look])
./def can't find 'look'
offt = (-1)
whether out off_t or long/int, I'm still reaching FAR, FAR into the
FILE *f quite far.
I never dug into the code until a few years ago when it broke on
recompile. it's ugly, ugly, *Ugly* code, probably hacked in a day.
You wouldn't believe ...
if anybody is out there who thinks he can help and has time,
let's take this off-list. i don't want the
CIA/NSAFBI/B*sh to have me extraordinarily renditioned......
Gary Kline kl...@thought.org http://www.thought.org Public Service Unix
The 2.17a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"