Wojciech Puchar wrote:
enter bootloader prompt (6) and type

set hw.ata.atapi_dma=0
boot

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008, Ivan Carey wrote:

I am unable to install FreeBSD because of the following error
acd0: FAILURE - READ BIG_MEDIUM ERROR asc=0x21 ascq=0x00

The computer reboots during install.

I have read that this error can be due to the DVD drive being a master, as it is a SATA drive it is assigned as a master in the BIOS

Is there a way this can be resolved.

Thanks,
Ivan

Wojciech
I entered the command set hw.ata.atapi_dma=0
while loading I still get the error
acd0: FAILURE - READ BIG_MEDIUM ERROR asc=0x11 ascq=0x00

I installed FreeBSD 7.0 with out a problem

When I install PCBSD 7.0.2 During the boot process I get 4 messages of
acd0: FAILURE - READ BIG_MEDIUM ERROR asc=0x11 ascq=0x00

At the loader prompt I also entered
set hw.ata.atapi_dma=0

I get this error at the Install GUI when it is reading each package from the disc
Seek failed: Invalid argument

Then about half way through the install I get a message
An error occurred while extracting the system image

The system then reboots.

For interest and information I have now problems installing Ubuntu and Win XP

Thanks,
Ivan