Wojciech Puchar wrote:
I couldn't find the hostname sent by dhcp, but found a way to find the ip address.

just use hostname command.

I did, but the answer is empty (remember this is before /etc/rc is run). Where is kept the data received by dhcp_client during pxe boot ?

The only problem i have is that the "echo done" and other standard outputs are not visible in /var/log/messages. How can i keep them either in dmesg or /var/log/messages ?

add second echo to >>/var/log/messages ;)

Hope not to forget one > ;-)

But is there a system call or configuration to do that automatically ? I can see some echo in /etc/rc without any >>, and their result seems to go to /var/messages.

I wish to learn to do clean scripting :-)

Best regards,
--
Bernard DUGAS Mobile +33 615 333 770