Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 08:48:19 -0300
From: ml...@digiart.art.br
To: dhanes...@hotmail.com; freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: accessing a networked printer to a FreeBSD box

Do you have CUPS installed?

Mario

-----Mensagem original-----

De:   dhaneshk k

Enviada em: 31/12/2008 07:46:49

Assunto: accessing a networked printer to a FreeBSD box

people,

I am trying to access a printer from our LAN to my FreeBSD Desktop PC

which package I needed to do  that ?   system-config-printer  right  ?

NOTE :I am not trying to attach a new printer to FreeBSD just want to access an
already working printer in our LAN

installed   system-config-printer from ports , but whenever I tried

to     do   $system-config-printer    , one blank dialog window blinks

away , the in the tty I am getting this error ..

[bha...@storm /usr/home/bhagat]$ system-config-printer

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/local/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line
5272, in

    main(configure_printer, change_ppd)

  File "/usr/local/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line
5242, in main

    mainwindow = GUI(configure_printer, change_ppd)

  File "/usr/local/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line
333, in __init__

    self.AboutDialog.set_program_name(domain)

AttributeError: 'gtk.AboutDialog' object has no attribute 'set_program_name'

[bha...@storm /usr/home/bhagat]$

what

the exact issue ? what I made wrong ,   (I dont think I need CUPS to be

installed as I was not trying to attach a printer to this FreeBSD box) .

Here

I am attaching the system-config-printer.py file please help me fix the

issue   ( OR I have to install any other package than

system-config-printer ?)

I thank you all in advance for any hints to fix it out .  struggling to fix
this issue for the last couple of days ..

Any hints most Welcome

Dhanesh

I tried to install gnome-cups-manager too(from ports )   , but installation
failed as follows

gnome-cups-manager.c: In function `event_cb':

gnome-cups-manager.c:79: error: syntax error before "do"

gnome-cups-manager.c:79: error: syntax error before ')' token

gnome-cups-manager.c:79: error: `_g_boolean_var_' undeclared (first use in this
function)

gnome-cups-manager.c:79: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once

gnome-cups-manager.c:79: error: for each function it appears in.)

gnome-cups-manager.c:79: error: syntax error before ')' token

gnome-cups-manager.c:74: warning: unused variable `printer'

gnome-cups-manager.c: At top level:

gnome-cups-manager.c:53: warning: 'check_cups' defined but not used

gnome-cups-manager.c:72: warning: 'event_cb' defined but not used

gmake[3]: *** [gnome-cups-manager.o] Error 1

gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/print/gnome-cups-manager/work/gnome-cups-manager-0.31/gnome-cups-manager'

gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2

gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/print/gnome-cups-manager/work/gnome-cups-manager-0.31/gnome-cups-manager'

gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/print/gnome-cups-manager/work/gnome-cups-manager-0.31'

gmake: *** [all] Error 2

*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/print/gnome-cups-manager.

[r...@storm /usr/ports/print/gnome-cups-manager]#