Hi all,

I just updated my server from 6.3-RELEASE to 6.4-RELEASE and I now
can't boot my machine - a rather crappy HP desktop.

The boot seems to go along nicely without any errors that I can see
but when it comes to mounting the root filesystem it bails out:

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad0s2

Manual root filesystem specification:

        <fstype>:<device>
<snip>

? List valid disk boot devices

<snip>

mountroot>

I've tried entering the root fs (it's the same as above) but it's no
go. If I list the valid boot disk devices, it gives me this:

list of GEOM managed disk devices:
     da3 da2 da1 da0

which are all the crappy flash card readers etc.

Anybody got any idea on what's going on & how to fix it?

TIA.

BTW, just reply to the list, I can't receive mail ATM so I'll have to
read replies in the archive.

Regards,

--

 Frank