Quoting Manolis Kiagias <sonic200...@gmail.com>:

ec...@casasponti.net wrote:
Quoting ec...@casasponti.net:

I bought a Lenova S10 for my wife.  It comes with WindowsXP and while
configuring it for her  I found it to be a nice, new generation
laptop.  I liked it well enough to consider buying another for me and
installing FreeBSD but I would like to see what works and doesn't work.
Link because of the original subject error [Lenovo S110 rather than
the correct S10.  Sorry.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087&current-category-id=D4B2E83FADD74C9F8BBA5B276072AD8C

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

ed

According to the link, it has a broadcom wireless, which I believe will
be a problem.

Yep, I think you are right. I remembered that broadcom was supported but I see I am very behind times with wireless and have been playing catchup with ath that now works great.

Thanks for the reality check. I still think it is a nice machine for the price but . . . .

ed

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."
"Fracaso es la oportunidad de reiniciar con mas inteligencia"  Henry Ford