matt donovan schreef:

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM, brad davison <
demonichandextensi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Since then, we have had severe server instability after a few hours.  The
server completely locks up requiring a hard boot, then the fsck_ufs runs for
a while.  This is our production mail server, and we've been down off and on
for 2 days.

could be due to PAE. since PAE is known not to be very stable.

First thing I'd try too. Compile a GENERIC kernel and see if that brings any improvement.

If it does, perhaps consider running AMD64 in stead of PAE. Alot more stable.

-- FR