On Jan 14, 2009, at 9:39 PM, Rem P Roberti wrote:

Can someone give me a heads up on this. I just installed vim, but when I try to launch
the program I get this error message:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libperl.so" not found, required by "vim"

Is this a path problem? The actual file libperl.so recides in /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/mach/CORE/libperl.so

I take it that you also recently upgraded perl. Did you follow the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING regarding perl?

I'm not sure that this will solve your problem, but it might.

Cheers,

-j

Oops...haven't checked UPDATING.  I'll get on that now.  Thanks.

Rem

Well...I checked UPDATING and ran the perl script referenced, and vim isn't one of the affected programs. So still have the problem.

Rem