On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 09:53 -0500, Grant Peel wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I am not at all sure whate you are suggesting here?
>
> What I am asking, is, somehting like:
>
> Can I reboot the machine with the FreeBSD install disk, and using the
> sysinstall utility, reinstall the freebsd boot manger so I wind up with:
>
> F1 Windows
> F2 FreeBSD
> F5 Disk1
>
> -Grant

Not a chance- why do you think you have to install Window$ first? Gates
and his cronies aren't going to make it easy for you to install free
software, and so they make it as hard as possible hoping you'll install
Window$ and give up.

I haven't heard of anywhere that any of the freeloaders (pardon the pun)
that can boot a M$ system- only paid for software like Bootmagic. Or use
the M$ loader in window$ to boot other systems- strange that it should
be able to do that, but then most of the OSS is KISS based rather than
the rigmarole M$ go to.

Again, I could be outdated and/or wrong on this, but I doubt it has
changed.