Hello,
I have the following situation:

Users are stored in OpenLDAP. I need to create homes directories on new machine memebers in the pool of workstations and do not want the usage of an automated creation of loggin in user via pam_mkhomedir. Creation should be done manually. My question: is it possible to use a FreeBSD tool/command like 'pw(8)' only for copying and initiating an existant user's home?

I tried simply pw useradd USER -m -b /homes/ for that purpose, but pw errors me saying the user USER already exists (is a OpenLDAP user).

Thanks in advance,
Oliver