On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 12:43 AM, Rem P Roberti <remeg...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Joakim Fogelberg wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Beech Rintoul <be...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>

>>> What are the premissions of /usr/local/share/skype? Try doing chmod 755
>>> /usr/local/share/skype and start with:
>>>

>> This did the trick for me. I just installed skype and:
>>
>> will-try# ls -l /usr/local/share/ | grep skype
>> drwx------    6 root  wheel   512 Jan 17 00:13 skype
>>
>> After changing the permissions I am able to start skype from the Gnome
>> menu.
>>

> Thanks for the shot, Joakim, but that didn't work either.  When calling
> Skype
> from user's command prompt still get the same result.  BTW, I'm using Xfce
> as my desktop.
>
> Rem

Just for the record... I'm also able to start Skype from the command prompt.

I'm not sure if I really understand makefiles, but it seems to me that
/usr/local/share/skype are created with the following directive in
/usr/ports/net/skype/Makefile:
        @cd ${WRKSRC}/&&${COPYTREE_SHARE} "avatars icons sounds lang"
${PREFIX}/${SKYPEDIR}/

Maybe the directory should be created first? I.e. change it to the following:
        @${INSTALL} -d ${PREFIX}/${SKYPEDIR}

--

Joakim Fogelberg