I got a MSI R4830T2D512 ATI Radeon HD compatible graphics accelerator
card I would like to use on my FreeBSD 8.0-CUR box running the most
recent Xorg out from the ports-collection.

As I found out, 'radeonhd' driver needs Xorg server 1.5.0 or higher when
running in 64Bit and FreeBSD's ports are behind with 1.4.X. Therefore I
tried VESA driver, but neither radeon, radeonhd nor vesa driver do
recognize the board.
I sthere any chance of getting Xorg-server 1.5 soon or is there another
way making VESA driver recognizing the HD4830?

Thnaks in advance,
O.