Hi,

I'm trying to work out why the PATH is different for the www user on two different FreeBSD servers. The problem being that on one it cant find the traceroute binary (via a perl script hosted on apache 2.2). The www user on both is the FreeBSD default, so has no home directory on either. The /etc/profile is the same on both servers, also the login.conf have the same path value set and there are no /etc/bash files. But still on one server the path is /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin and on the other only /bin:/usr/bin.

Can someone tell me where the path may be being set that I havent looked?

thanks, Andy.