another good place to search for information would be the book

the design and implementation of 4.4 bsd

regards,
neeraj

>>> Willie Viljoen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 02/26/03 06:52PM >>>
On Wednesday 26 February 2003 9:34, someone, possibly Aas, Eskild, typed:
> Dear Sirs
>

> We are three students attending Hærens Ingeniørhøgskole (the norwegian
> millitary engineering school). We are currently working on an assignment
> about operating systems. We are writing about FreeBSD 4.4. We would like
> to know if you can help us find , or tell us where we can find
> information about these following subjects:
>
> *     OS structure
> *     Process-handling
> *     CPU-handling
> *     Memory-handling
> *     Filesystem (implementation)
> *     I/O structure
> *     Security

A good place to start would be the FreeBSD developer's handbook, this is
available at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/index.html

It is not written specifically about 4.4, which has been deprecated for
quite some time now, but focuses on FreeBSD in general, it should get you
well on your way there though.

Will

--
Willie Viljoen