On Jan 21, 2009, at 10:47 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:

Hello,

I've to debug the HTTP traffic between Firefox and some kind of file
management server to nail down a problem in the communication between
them, perhaps based on the content of the cookies or other HTTP data;

ofc, I could watch the connection with tcpdump, but maybe there is some better HTTP-proxy-like tool in the /usr/ports which prints the HTTP in better human
readable form... any ideas? thx

Take a look at HttpFox, which  monitors and analyzes all incoming and
outgoing HTTP traffic between the browser and the web servers.

Information available per request includes:
- Request and response headers
- Sent and received cookies
- Querystring parameters
- POST parameters
- Response body

Its in ports (www/xpi-httpfox) or you can grab it from

Steven Kreuzer
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer