Peter Steele wrote:
We have systems that upon initial configuration have no IP addresses
assigned. Their rc.conf entries look like this:

<snip>
and also executes explicit ifconfig and route add commands that match
the entries in rc.conf.
The question is, should we also execute a netif stop/start sequence when
this IP/router information is assigned? Are there other services that
should also be stopped/restarted when the IP is set? Ideally, we want to
avoid having to reboot the box to set the IP as we are doing.

Regards,

--

- Frank