On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:53:31PM -0800, Brian McQueen wrote:

> I can't seem to find the files listed in the jdk16 port.  What are
> folks doing to get java going?  The urls listed in the port are not
> right, so the manual download step does not work.

I built jdk16 a few months ago & the urls were right.

Is your ports tree up-to-date? Although I don't think the urls have
changed.

What errors are you getting? 404s? What urls are you using?

IIRC you have to register an account with Sun before you can download
the jdk from their site.

You have to place the downloaded files in /usr/ports/distfiles/ before
you can build the port without make(1) dropping out after printing the
message with the urls.

The port built fine for me.

Regards,

--