Jack L. Stone wrote:
At 04:33 PM 1.23.2009 +0100, cpghost wrote:
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 05:56:45PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Jack L. Stone
<ja...@sage-american.com>wrote:
During an upgrade from fbsd-6.3 --> fbsd-7.0, something strange happened.
Some of the programs will not run after rehash or even when given the
precise path to the program. System doesn't "see" several but not all
programs. I've upgraded several servers (using source files -- cvsup)
withoug any such problem. It's just this one machine.
Some programs will not run because of a library version bump. Those
programs will need to be recompiled, i.e. rebuild all ports.

You can check this by running 'ldd' on the specific program. Let's
assume that you have zip installed:

$ ldd /usr/local/bin/zip
/usr/local/bin/zip:
       libbz2.so.3 => /usr/lib/libbz2.so.3 (0x80065c000)
       libc.so.7 => /lib/libc.so.7 (0x80076c000)

Thanks for that tip. Here's output of one of the programs that doesn't run:
ldd /usr/local/bin/fastest_cvsup
ldd: /usr/local/bin/fastest_cvsup: not a dynamic executable

BUT, it is executable and using the exact path to the program still gives
this error:
/usr/local/bin/fastest_cvsup: not found

Yes, I did re-install the port too. No dice.

Again MOST all programs run except for this one and maybe a couple others
that may be causing buildworld to fail.

Strange!

Jack

(^_^)
Happy trails,
Jack L. Stone

System Admin
Sage-american

is the shebang line invalid?
head -1 /usr/local/bin/fastest_cvsup

and see if the program on that line is truly on your system:
ls -lF <program location>

The error above makes it look like it's the command line that's missing, but the shell will use the command line argument when the interpreter is missing.

Good luck!