Warren Liddell wrote:
> i have a cannon pixma ip1000 and i have tried various ways to set it up so i
> can print using methods found through google, but so far nothing has had
> success, so id like to know if there is an idiots guide to the dummies
> version
> of trying to setup a printer to work cause im in desperate need of step by
> step instructions to get it goin.

AFAIR, this is one of the difficult to get working models in FreeBSD (or
linux for that matter). CUPS does not support it directly (it is a
'winprinter'). Canon has a linux driver here:

http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0022414.asp?model=

and this can probably be adapted (if if contains a PPD for CUPS) but
this may not be the easiest task.

Other than that, I always found the following wiki entry in
desktopbsd.net easy to follow for a successful CUPS setup:

http://desktopbsd.net/wiki/doku.php?id=doc:printing