On Sunday 25 January 2009 4:53:12 pm Roland Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 03:05:37PM -0200, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:

> > > Put 'WITHOUT_KERBEROS=true' in /etc/src.conf, and rebuild the system
> > > from source, as documented in the Handbook.
> >
> > Speaking of wich ... is there a examples/src.conf file hidden somewhere
> > in 7.0-REL or do I have to create my own from scratch based on man
> > src.conf?
>
> You'll have to create it based on the manpage. All variables are listed
> in there. The default is to have no src.conf and build a kernel/world
> with everything in it.
>
> Roland

Sure thing Roland, I understand that .. otherwise chances are user would end
up with half a system or a crippled one .. but I was thinking on
a /usr/share/examples/etc/src.conf that would come in handy when rebuilding
the whole system for, say, a notebook .. when you know in advanced that
there's a lot of stuff you won't need.

Going through src.conf(5) is ok .. but having a src.conf template already
available and fully commented sounds better to me ...

Nothing is further from the truth than my opinions, but I still think that
having such a file available does come in handy :)

Best Regards
--
Blessings
Gonzalo Nemmi