On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:16:45 -0500, Manolis Kiagias <sonic200...@gmail.com> wrote:

As a side note, I have a machine specifically for building packages and
it just happens that I finished a complete build run today (for FreeBSD
7.1 32bit). This includes XFCE, Xorg, Gnome + power tools + fifth toe,
KDE4 (4.1 actually) and few other things. More than 1.5G of packages.  I
could possibly upload just the XFCE + dependencies packages somewhere so
you can download them and use them. Contact me directly if you wish to
go down that route.

Let me take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks to Mr. Kiagias for his (offline) assistance with this. In the process, we seem to have uncovered a small bug: pkg_add -n apparently does not check properly for _local_ dependencies. Being a newb, I leave any bug reporting to Mr. Kiagias.

Thanks again to Mr. Kiagias and the list.

regards,

Tom Holloway