On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 08:34:26AM +0100, Aas, Eskild wrote:

> Dear Sirs
>

> We are three students attending Hærens Ingeniørhøgskole (the norwegian millitary
> engineering school).
> We are currently working on an assignment about operating systems. We are writing
> about FreeBSD 4.4. We would like to know if you can help us find , or tell us where
> we can find information about these following subjects:
>
> *     OS structure
> *     Process-handling
> *     CPU-handling
> *     Memory-handling
> *     Filesystem (implementation)
> *     I/O structure
> *     Security
>

> We would be very greatfull if we could get this information as soon as possible,
> because this assignment is due 03.07.03 (Next Friday)

        For an in-depth view of most of your topics you might want to
        study "The Design and Implementation of the 4.3BSD UNIX
        Operating System" by Kirk McKusick et al.  (There is probably
        a "4.4BSD" version by now; you'll need to google around.)

        You guys are going to be busy, wow!

        gary kline

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix