On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:21:32 -0600
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In the future, could you please insert newlines every 70 characters or
> so?

Cool.

> In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, kitsune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> > now I dismis that both the error and record window and go to file>save audio as...
>
> Why are you diong the video save before trying the audio save.

Becuase it is the exact same problem. This way it easyier to test multilple settings
under.

> > Sound data is not PCM in "/usr/temp/audiocCY5bg".
>
> Have you tried playing back that file? Have you checked to see what is
> in the file in any way?
>
> > it will let me record in any other format, excluding mp2/3, but the
> > play back button does not work for those...
>
> You just lost me.

Exactly what is says... it will record in other formats with out producing a error
message but the button marked playback does nothing.

> > I have it set on audio-auto on input and am just running a jumper
> > from the audio out on the tv card to the audio in on the sound card.
> > My sound on the system is provided pcm0 which is a VIA VT82C686A
> > using the AC97 codec.
> > The version of fxtv is 1.03, the version of mpegaudio is 3.9, and I
> > am running freebsd 4.7.
>
> Is the mixer set up properly? fxtv doesn't fool with the mixer, but
> assumes you've set it up right.

Afaik the mixer is fine. I have never really messed with it for recording thought