On Friday 30 January 2009 10:28:48 Peter Boosten wrote:
> drc...@yahoo.com wrote:

> > #daily backup script
> > rsync -a --delete /usr/home/data/Access/ /backup/daily/Access
> > rsync -a --delete /usr/home/data/Templates/ /backup/daily/Templates
> > rsync -a --delete /usr/home/QBdata/ /backup/daily/QBdata
> > rsync -a --delete /usr/home/reception1/ /backup/daily/reception1
> > rsync -a --delete /usr/home/reception2/ /backup/daily/reception2
> > rsync -a --delete /usr/home/reception3/ /backup/daily/reception3
> > rsync -a --delete /usr/home/data/Files/ /backup/daily/Files
> >

> > But the scheduled backups never happen. I must be doing something wrong,
> > but can't figure out what.
>
> rsync isn't in the path of cron. You should either provide the complete
> path in the script, of add /usr/local/bin to your crontab.

And while you're at it, configure your sendmail/aliases properly so you get
CRON's diagnostics.
Meaning, change this line in /etc/aliases and run newaliases command:

# root: m...@my.domain

You may wanna skip through /var/mail/root to see if there's anything else you
missed ;)
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.