<r.rajam...@gmail.com>wrote:
> > > I'm sorry Rajarajan, but you misread my question.
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://www.home.no/reddvinylene
> >
> > Ok, sorry for the hurried reply, is the extra line coming from
> > /etc/COPYRIGHT then ?
> > Whats there in /etc/login.conf which says about where your copyright
> > file resides - like
> >
> > :copyright=/etc/COPYRIGHT:\
>
> Great idea. A reference to /etc/COPYRIGHT is indeed under :default in
> /etc/login.conf, but /etc/COPYRIGHT doesn't exist on my system. I might
> have deleted it.

No you haven't ..
Actually, if you create an empty /etc/COPYRIGHT file, you'll get rid of the
copyright notice that appears every time you log into your system.

For more references:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/08/08/FreeBSD_Basics.html?page=2

You'll find a few more tricks regarding MOTD and what your system says about
itself every time a user logs in.

Hope that helps.
Regards
--