Ulrich Spörlein wrote:
On Fri, 30.01.2009 at 23:19:41 +0100, O. Hartmann wrote:
After upgrading one of my FreeBSD 8.0-CUR/amd64 boxes to new xorg-7.4
and having done hurting recompiling nearly everything/package twice now
firefox3 still doesn't work properly and hits me when starting with this
error message:

Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".

Then firefox3 freezes forever, showing something like the background or
pixel remnants of windows/picograms moving over its window.

This should be unrelated to Xorg 7.4, as it happens to my 7.1 box,
running Xorg 7.3 and the latest firefox3. Please try backing down
firefox3 or some other related libraries that were updated in the last
month (when this started to show up)

Cheers,
Ulrich Spörlein

Hello.
As I reported earlier in this thread, I recompiled everything/package on my boxes at least three times and the specified problem still remained. But after the update of libGL/libGLUT the last three days everything seems to run all right now. Weird ...

Greetings,
Oliver