Quoting Da Rock <rock_on_the_...@comcen.com.au>:

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 05:43 +0000, dhaneshk k wrote:
Hi  list,

 I followed  http://freebsd.langhans.com.pl/af/index.html

To enable  flash9   support for FreeBSD7.0

I  installed FreeBSD7.0 with Linux compatibility

so the first step (1.3 ) I skipped

I would suggest linux_base-f8-8_11, the in /etc/sysctl.conf put: compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16, for firefox use the latest firefox3 port (firefox-3.0.5_1,1) NOT firefox-devel, all the plugins that you want such as linux-flashplugin-9.0r152 and any others then nspluginwrapper-1.2.2_2 and run the script and start firefox3 and all should be well if I haven't forgotten something.

I would guess that the principal problem is the firefox-devel port rather than firefox3. IIRC, it is pre-firefox3.

ed

second step I followed and installed  latest    firefox-devel

then I installed nspluginwrapper

next step I downloaded this ftp://greyone.tulatelecom.ru/pub/linux/adobe/install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz

from this link http://www.filewatcher.com/m/install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz.2608602.0.0.html as adobe.com not allowing me to download it.

then I untarred it    and copied  libflashplayer.so  to
~/.mozilla/plugins      ( I created plugins directory as there is no
default plugins directory  in  ~/.mozilla/
and I invoked the nspluginwrapper $ nspluginwrapper -v -a -i and observed that it created nswrapper.libflashplayer.so

but $ nspluginwrapper -l given me the the message segmentation fault core dumped sig 11

what I made wrong ?

I tried to restart the firefox and it restarted and showing message you updated to the latest fiefox version .

but when I accessed the http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ URL I am getting message in the console as

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /home/dhanesh/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so [Shared object "libdl.so.2" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad":
libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /home/dhanesh/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so [Shared object "libdl.so.2" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad":
libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

but find commad showing that libdl.so.2 is ther in /usr/compat/linux/lib/libdl.so.2

# find / -name libdl.so.2
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libdl.so.2

[dhanesh]$ sysctl compat.linux.osrelease
compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2

[dhanesh$ uname -a
FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 24 19:59:52 UTC 2008 r...@logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

any hints to make it work most welcome.. please see this paste also http://rafb.net/p/Yz7dBS79.html

thanks in advance

Been where you are, done all that.

First, deinstall from ports emulators/linux_base-fc4 and make install
linux_base-f8. Then make install from ports www/linux-firefox,
www/nspluginwrapper and www/linux-flashplugin9. kldload linux, and mount
-t linprocfs linproc /compat/linux/proc.

Run nspluginwrapper and then run linux-firefox. Tada! All should work
now, but it can be a little unstable.

HTH.

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."
"Fracaso es la oportunidad de reiniciar con mas inteligencia"  Henry Ford