On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Thanos Tsouanas wrote:

>> Hello everyone..
>> I am having a similar problem which wont fix with those :(
>> Im using 4.7-stable and a logitech usb mouse with wheel...
>>
>> from the XF86Config file...
>>
>> Section "InputDevice"
>> Identifier "Mouse0"
>> Driver "mouse"
>> Option "Protocol" "MouseSystems"
>> Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>> Option "Buttons" "5"
>> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>> EndSection
>>

>> from the rc.conf file...
>>
>> moused_enable="NO"
>> moused_type="NO"
>>

>> from ps aux | grep mouse ....
>> root 99 0.3 0.1 912 512 ?? Ss 12:17PM 0:00.66 /usr/sbin/moused -p
/dev/ums0 -I
>> /var/run/moused.ums0.pid
>>

>> I see in /dev that sysmouse is different from ums0...
>> what changes shud i do?
>> why is moused started?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>I have the same problem on an ASUS motherboard. See my original post here:
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1346948+1349825+/usr/local/www/
db/text/2003/freebsd-questions/20030119.freebsd-questions
>(hopefully that link will work). I never solved it (could never figure out
>why moused was running) but I did come up with a workaround, as per that
>post.
>JB

Hi there,

I was tyring to get my scroll mouse to work in in X last night and I wanted
to give X direct
access to /dev/ums0.

Now it came up as busy, but my rc.conf file had moused_enabled="NO".  So my
next check
was in USBD.CONf and in there as soon as a device is attached to UMS[0-9] it
will attempt
to load moused with whatever parameters are listed.

So I commented out all that stuff and then when I rebooted there was no
moused and X had full
access to my mouse.

(Oh and for the record I've got a Microsoft Option IntelliMouse with Z Dir
and the only way to
get the scrolly thingie to work was to give X full access as was suggested a
little while ago).

Hope this helps a little!

Regards,
Alistair.