On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 07:50:34 -0500
Glen Barber <glen.j.bar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Nicolas Letellier <nico...@nicoelro.net>
> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I use apache13 with FreeBSD 6.3.
> > I have some websites, in :
> > /var/www/sites/site1
> > /var/www/sites/site2
> >
> > I use PHP 5 (compiled in apache module).
> >
> > The rights are:
> >
> > ls -ls /var/www/sites/site1: www:site1
> >
> > All files are owned by www user. All files are grouped in site{1,2} group.
> >
> > I have a php script in /var/www/sites/site1. I call it with
> > www.domain.com/test.php. If, in my php page, I create a folder (in
> > /var/www/sites/site1/), it have www:site1 in rights. Ok, it's good.
> > However, if I create a file, it have www:wheel in rights.
> >
> > What's the problem?
> >
> > Apache runs in www:www. I does not have folder grouped in wheel group.
> >
> > Why Apache set 'wheel' as group when I upload a file?
> >
> > Do you have advices, solutions... ?
> >

> I haven't used 1.3 in years... I don't think www:www is proper, but I
> may be wrong.  With 2.2.X, the permissions are root:wheel.  What
> happens when you execute the page?  What is printed the error log?

Thanks for your response.
I have another FreeBSD (7.0) and Apache 1.3, and it works. On this machine
(6.3) it does not work.

When I upload a FILE, the rights are root:wheel ; when I create a folder, the
rights are www:site1.

www:site1 are rights of all files.

The problem is... I don't understand the "wheel". Apache does not run in wheel.
All my folders/files are not grouped by "wheel".

I don't understand WHY apache set 'wheel' in group...

I have nothing in log. Because there are no errors... All is ok... Just the
rights......

--
 -Nicolas.