Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 12:45:30PM +0200, Brent Clark wrote:
Hiya

I upgraded to 7.1 and did a portupgrade and I think I broke something and for the likes of me .. I dont know how to fix this.

I havnt changed my /etc/rc.conf, and it all looks the same / untouched.

When ever I restart gdm I get the following.

** (gdm-binary:2646): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to system bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

%grep gdm /etc/rc.conf
gdm_enable="YES"

If anyone could assist I would really appreciate the assistance.

similar things happended to me with firefox and kazehakase ports.
I never figured it out. I blame dbus and hal ports, but couldn't
investigate this fully as after the 23-24 Jan port upgrages my
X failed alltogether.

on a similar problem with new gdm and dbus errors, i deleted/moved (backuped) all folders that have to do with .gconf or .gtk from my home directory. something worked for me, but i have no idea which.

give it a try and see how it goes?