On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:22:55 -0500
Robert Huff <roberth...@rcn.com> wrote:

>> IMHO, if you are running a system where 'power outages' cannot
>> be tolerated, why not install a UPS, they are really quite
>> cheap, and be done with it? I cannot imagine any high end,
>> mission critical system not employing one.
>
> Power outages are not the only thing which can cause (directly
> or indirectly) file system corruption.

I agree, a sledge hammer applied to the HD could also cause irreparable
harm; however, the subject of this thread referred to 'power outages'.
The use of UPS, RAID, backups, etc. all tend to insure the safety of
data. In this case, the OP only referenced 'power outages'.

--
Jerry
ges...@yahoo.com

People that can't find something to live for always seem to find
something to die for.  The problem is, they usually want the rest of us
to die for it too.