Steve Bertrand wrote:
>From what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong):

- you are working on a FreeBSD host system
- you have a DHCP server on the network, but it is not on this host
- you want to use all of the DHCP assigned parameters on the host, but
you want to have a static IP on the host you are working on that is
different than the one assigned to you

Yep, all your assumptions are correct! I did in fact at some point try creating a lease for the em0 interface in "dhclient.conf", but I understand those leases are only used if the dhcp server is unavailable, and it never had any effect.

... But the dhcp server is in my router, so I followed your suggestion and created a static lease (which before I didn't know I could do), so now everything works - thanks a lot!!

   br Nikolaj