Ok, Thanks a lot... I will read carefully these articles...

bye.

daniel

Chuck Swiger wrote:
On Feb 12, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Daniel Leal wrote:
is there a way to have a freebsd system with file names with accented words. Like "filé.txt" instead of "file.txt". Now if I copy a file with an accented letter to my freebsd box, the accented letter simply disappear.

UFS supports 8-bit characters except for "/" and "\0", but you also need to run a terminal with UTF8 support and use a correct font to view such things. Perhaps this might give you some insight:

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html

Note that other file systems have more comprehensive Unicode support:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems#Limits

Perhaps I'm biased, but I've long been of the opinion that the Mac platform with HFS+ has very good internationalization support.

Regards,