On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 01:07:00PM -0800, prad wrote:
> i need greek letters for math work.
>
> latex has the fonts of course, but i don't have the \mu \ro etc on
> regular programs such as inkscape.
> i've installed texcm-ttf, but only go a couple of greek letters.
> mathfonts don't install and i'm really not sure that mathmatica fonts
> are what i require anyway.
>
> there doesn't seem to be a greek letters in ports.
>
> any suggestions?

        guys,

        i hope this isn't TOO  far off-topic, but is there an any that let you
        create mathematical symbols on a GUI frame?  my handwriting left-handed
is
        (and has been) lousy.  in college i created my own method of typinf
symbols
        on my typewriter.  eg. to depict the integral from 0 to 2-pi was:

        b=0/t=2pi where the slash represente the long S-shape integral symbol.

        now that graphs are pretty easy to drop-and-drag, are there any math
symbols
        tools that allow manipulation of greek (and roman) characters to
actually do
        math with?  or is this still aways off...?

        gary

 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 2.23a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php