On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 21:50:25 +0100, Frank Wißmann <frank.wissman...@web.de>
wrote:
> Well, I used your settings of "default release=cvs tag=RELENG_7", but
> the answer is still this:
> FreeBSD grissom.einundvierzig.org 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0:
> Wed Feb 18 21:36:57 CET 2009
> r...@grissom.einundvierzig.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GRISSOM  amd64
>
> Any ideas, folks? Or should I post something more?

may I ask how exactly you did the update? As it has mentioned
before, the handbook (even the german version) gives a good
"routeplan" for this.

In general:

        # cd /usr/src
        # make update
        # make buildworld buildkernel KERNCONF=GRISSOM
        # make installkernel KERNCONF=GRISSOM
        # reboot
        boot -s
        fsck and mount -a
        # cd /usr/src
        # mergemaster -p
        # make installworld
        # mergemaster
        # reboot

(Hope that's correct from my mind, check handbook anyway.)

Note that the configuration files mentioned above usually employ
the "make update" command from within /usr/src. Kernel and world
have to be the same version.

Oh yes, and check your /boot/loader.conf if eventually a previous
kernel is loaded, maybe you stored a "spare kernel" in /boot and
the loader loads this, instead of /boot/kernel/kernel? Just to be
sure... I mention this because I had a "spare" 6.0-GENERIC kernel
saved in /boot, a setting in /boot/loader.conf for some testing,
then updated the system (which affected /boot/kernel/kernel,
but not /boot/kernel/kernel.GENERIC which was instead loaded). :-)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0