<frank.wissman...@web.de> wrote:
> > Well, I used your settings of "default release=cvs tag=RELENG_7",
> > but the answer is still this:
> > FreeBSD grissom.einundvierzig.org 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE
> > #0: Wed Feb 18 21:36:57 CET 2009
> > r...@grissom.einundvierzig.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GRISSOM  amd64
> >
> > Any ideas, folks? Or should I post something more?
>
> may I ask how exactly you did the update? As it has mentioned
> before, the handbook (even the german version) gives a good
> "routeplan" for this.
>
> In general:
>
>       # cd /usr/src
>       # make update
>       # make buildworld buildkernel KERNCONF=GRISSOM
>       # make installkernel KERNCONF=GRISSOM
>       # reboot
>       boot -s
>       fsck and mount -a
>       # cd /usr/src
>       # mergemaster -p
>       # make installworld
>       # mergemaster
>       # reboot
>
> (Hope that's correct from my mind, check handbook anyway.)FreeBSD
grissom.einundvierzig.org 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Wed Feb
18 21:36:57 CET 2009
r...@grissom.einundvierzig.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GRISSOM  amd64

> Note that the configuration files mentioned above usually employ
> the "make update" command from within /usr/src. Kernel and world
> have to be the same version.
>
> Oh yes, and check your /boot/loader.conf if eventually a previous
> kernel is loaded, maybe you stored a "spare kernel" in /boot and
> the loader loads this, instead of /boot/kernel/kernel? Just to be
> sure... I mention this because I had a "spare" 6.0-GENERIC kernel
> saved in /boot, a setting in /boot/loader.conf for some testing,
> then updated the system (which affected /boot/kernel/kernel,
> but not /boot/kernel/kernel.GENERIC which was instead loaded). :-)

I did it now the way you told me but it still shows 7.0-Release at
uname -a. I attach my "make.conf" and "cvs-supfile"' maybe there is
something wrong?

Greetings Frank

--
GU d- s:+ a+ C+>$ UBS>$ P L- !E--- W N+@ !o K--? !w--- O !M- !V- PS+ PE
Y? !PGP- t+ 5 X !R tv- b++ DI !D G e h+ r- y?

When pack meets pack in the jungle
and no one will move from the trail
wait till the leaders have spoken
it may be fair words shall prevail

(Rudyard Kipling)
*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/src
*default prefix=/usr/src
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_7
src-all
ports-all
doc-all
www
cvsroot-all
CPUTYPE?=                       opteron
NO_CPU_CFLAGS=                  true
NO_CPU_COPTFLAGS=               true
CFLAGS=                         -O -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=          true
CXXFLAGS+=                      -fconserve-space
MAKE_SHELL?=                    sh
BDECFLAGS=                      -W -Wall -ansi -pedantic -Wbad-function-cast \
                                -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Wchar-subscripts \
                                -Winline -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs \
                                -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -Wshadow \
                                -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings
COPTFLAGS=                      -O -pipe
INSTALL=                        install -C
KERNCONF=                       GRISSOM
MTREE_FOLLOWS_SYMLINKS=         -L
PPP_NOSUID=                     true
ENABLE_SUID_SSH=                true
ENABLE_SUID_NEWGRP=             true
NO_ACPI=                        true
NO_FORTRAN=                     true
NO_IPFILTER=                    true
NO_KERBEROS=                    true
NO_NIS=                         true
NO_ATM=                         true
WITH_BIND_LIBS=                 true
MODULES_WITH_WORLD=             true
MAKE_IDEA=                      yes
PRINTERDEVICE=                  ps
SUP_UPDATE=                     yes
SUP=                            /usr/local/bin/cvsup
SUPFLAGS=                       -g -L 2
SUPHOST=                        cvsup.de.FreeBSD.org
SUPFILE=                        /etc/cvs-supfile
PORTSSUPFILE=                   /etc/cvs-supfile
DOCSUPFILE=                     /etc/cvs-supfile
TOP_TABLE_SIZE=                 101
DOC_LANG=                       en_US.ISO8859-1 de_DE.ISO8859-15
PERL_VER=                       5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=                   5.8.8
# Begin portconf settings
# Do not touch these lines
.if !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/ports*) && exists(/usr/local/libexec/portconf)
_PORTCONF!=/usr/local/libexec/portconf
.for i in ${_PORTCONF:S/|/ /g}
.endfor
.endif