Even tried that.
In /usr/ports/games/freebsd-games are the classical games, but not the fortunes
and the strfile. Have it installed now, still no strfile.

If I try installing the fortunes, the port-makefile complains that there is no
strfile available.

Do you daemons have the binary 'strfile' on your system? Could you please check
and tell me! Maybe somebody can send me this single binary file offlist by
email?
Thanks
herbs

--