no ports are not base system.
you may just do reinstall.
if you fell a bit more advanced you may try the following:
1) replace kernel with generic from 7.0
2) reboot. it should work as there is backward compatibility.
3) unpack FreeBSD userland binaries from CD - by just entering every
directory (like base, doc, etc...) and running install.sh
4) then upgrade manually /etc . maybe it could be done more automatic but
i never did it that way - maybe someone else will help you.
5) install compat5x from ports unless you like to reinstall all ports.
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Mehul Ved wrote:
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Wojciech Puchar
install FreeBSD 7
How do I upgrade to FreeBSD 7? Use ports?
Forgive him, for he believes that the customs of his tribe are the
laws of nature! -- G.B. Shaw
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"