On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:02:57AM +0200, Manolis Kiagias wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > If I stick with FreeBSD as my main desktop, I want firefox and
> > flashplugin-9.  So far, no joy.  I have firefox2, and when I try to
> > pkg_delete, I find gnome2 is just one of the dependicies.
> > linux-flashplugin-9 is installed as well as the pluginwrapper ports, but
> > still YouTube won't work.
> >
> > Is there an "all-linix" port or set of ports to use?  Or is there another
> > way of getting both audio+video?
> >
> > gary
> >

> Don't pkg_delete firefox2, just install www/firefox3 alongside it.

        Okay; i wasn't clear on that... .

> graphics/gnash-devel works mostly ok for youtube.

        Maybe I need up portupgrade.  I use mostly konqueror for the web;
        things like youtube used to work, but just sometimes.  Should I
        pkg_delete the flashplugins and the wrappers?

> Just a quick note, firefox3 uses /usr/local/lib/firefox3/plugins as the
> plugins directory, while firefox2 uses /usr/local/browser_plugins. You
> will probably have to symlink files from this directory to the new one
> for the plugins to work.

        Sorry, you lost me.  Which is the ``new one''?  The only mozilla
        plugins dir in ~kline I find is  ~/.mozilla/plugins/ .  There are
        data files (*.dat) with mozilla and firefox in my home tree.

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 2.23a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php