On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:50:41 -0700
Chad Perrin <per...@apotheon.com> wrote:

[snip]

>I can see both sides of this argument.  Maybe we need to split up
>FreeBSD documentation into two domains, similarly to the way FreeBSD
>software is split into two domains (core and ports) -- and thus have a
>place outside the FreeBSD handbook for the same,
>more-than-professional quality of documentation, but covering things
>we wouldn't be comfortable putting in the FreeBSD Handbook itself.

Specifically, what is it we are uncomfortable putting in the handbook?
More importantly, what good is a handbook if it is not complete? Would
the documentation be cross indexed so a user could find more details on
a particular subject? Personally, while perfectly plausible, it sounds
like more work than it is worth.

--
Jerry
ges...@yahoo.com