I have this in my /etc/cvsupfile:

*default tag=RELENG_7

Yet, when I recompiled world and kernel yesterday, I ended up with this:

FreeBSD hostname.utdallas.edu 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #10: Mon Feb 23 18:15:12 CST 2009 r...@utd65257.utdallas.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

I thought that tag got me the STABLE branch?

Also, I can now no longer even attach a umass device (much less try to fsck or mount it.) It actually renders X unusable and eventually locks up the machine.

The device is detected correctly:

kernel: da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
kernel: umass0: <Maxtor Corporation Maxtor 3200, class 0/0, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2> on uhub5
kernel: da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0

But I see tons of these on the console:

kernel: umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
kernel: umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
kernel: umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT

Apparently the usb(1) code went from bad to worse?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst