In the last episode (Feb 25), mojo fms said:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Frank Shute <fr...@shute.org.uk> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 03:21:28PM -0800, mojo fms wrote:
> > > last pid: 11406;  load averages:  0.07,  0.02, 0.00
> > > 23 processes:  1 running, 22 sleeping
> > > CPU:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.0% system,  0.0% interrupt,  0.0% idle
> > >
> > > That is what it is displaying, the load adverage isnt it, its just the
> > > CPU stats.  It always displays 0.0% all the way across the board with
> > > the machine idle or doing any kind of work.
>
> Same issue after the rebuild and install of top. Any other suggestions?

On some very old PowerEdge 2400 servers I have running 5-STABLE, the RTC
timer occasionally stops firing, and causes the same symptoms you're seeing.
Kicking it with "ntpdate -b pool.ntp.org" starts it up again.  I don't see
IRQ 8 in any of my "vmstat -i" outputs on newer boxes, so FreeBSD 7 might
not even use the RTC anymore.  Couldn't hurt to try an ntpdate -b, though
(stop ntpd first)...

--
        Dan Nelson
        dnel...@allantgroup.com