The named.conf is used only if you need to set up your owm DNS server and
you do not use someone other then the default.
To resolve external hosts you need to enter the dns server IP in the
/etc/resolv.conf file. It is not resolvE.conf.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Ivailo Tanusheff
Deputy Head of IT Department
ProCredit Bank (Bulgaria) AD

tel. +359 2 8135 890
fax +359 2 8135 110
http://www.procreditbank.bg

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message is intended solely
for the use of individual or entity to whom it is addressed and other
authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete
it from your system. ProCredit Bank is neither liable for the proper and
complete transmission of the information contained in this message nor for
any delay in its receipt.

Fouz Azeem <fouzaze...@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org
27.02.2009 08:19

questi...@freebsd.org
cc

Subject
CONF DNS

Dear FreeBSD
I have install FreeBSD 7.1 from .iso I need to configure DNS
I can find the named.conf but I did not find resolve.conf in /etc/
Can you please tell me where it is?

Fouz