On Saturday 28 February 2009 21:55:43 lacalling wrote:
> I have some problems about pkg_deinstall.
>
> pkg_deinstall -R deletes packages depended recursively.
>
> but it seems to crashes some other packages.
>
> for example,i installed pkg A,it depends on pkg b,c,d.
>
> pkg_deinstall -R will deletes A,b,c,d.
>
> but if b is depended by some other pkg X which i use,X probably will crash.

Aside what Michael pointed out, ports-mgmt/pkg_cutleaves is much easier for
this task. It will only delete leaves, so if b is still needed by X, it will
not come up on the next iteration. And you get to see the short description
of the package, so may decide to keep it anyway...
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.