From: owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Alex Kirk
Sent: March 1, 2009 8:20 PM
To: Jamie
Cc: questi...@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: RAID Gone Wild - One Array Split Into Two

>> Does anyone have a clue how I can fix this, preferably while
>> retaining my data? I could wipe the box if necessary, but
I'd really
>> prefer not to, as that would be a huge pain in the butt.
>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex Kirk
>

>    I would begin by going into the raid BIOS at bootup to see what
> containers are now configured. If everything is hosed up in
there the
> OS isn't going to be able to fix anything.
>

>   - Jamie

Sorry, should have already gone over this.

The RAID BIOS is terrible - my options are "Create Array", "Delete
Array", "Reset Disk States", and "Exit". It shows only the
one array,
but all four disks show as Offline Member in red there. I'm just
concerned that if I reset the array or delete it, the state
table (or
whatever other magic is involved in making RAID work) will get hosed
up and the data will be unrecoverable.

Alex