We have FreeBSD installed on a SunFire box running two AMD Opteron processors. I was upgrading to 7.1 STABLE on Friday, and after installing the kernel I rebooted. Now the box is completely unusable. Does anyone know how to get a SunFire box to boot from the CD ROM? Any changes I make to the BIOS seem to be completely ignored. When I get to the FreeBSD boot loader, I lose keyboard, so I can't even go to single user mode. Not being able to boot off the CD is a royal pita.

I've done some Googling, and the most common answer seems to be "hit STOP+A", but there is no STOP key on an Intel keyboard. Is there a magic incantation that will work? Maybe the entrails of a young goat?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst