Modulok wrote:
I was thinking is there someway to direct a X11 app to target the X11 equiv of
/dev/null ?

...what? What problem are you trying to solve, exactly?
-Modulok-

I'd have to assume he wants to call a remote X program from his terminal
and not have the program's output clutter it up.

My usual workaround is:

        1.  "xterm &" in Terminal one.
        2.  "appname &" in the new Xterm, then CTL-D.

I also have a couple of buttons in XFCE that simply call
"ssh $somehost $someapp".  I've no idea where it puts
the stderror/stdout, but I never see it.

Kevin Kinsey
--
        Surely you cant be serious."
        "I am serious, and dont call me Shirley.