Da Rock wrote:
On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 23:33 +0100, Frank Wißmann wrote:
Am Samstag 28 Februar 2009 22:39:26 schrieb Roland Smith:
On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 10:08:45PM +0100, Frank Wißmann wrote:
Am Samstag 28 Februar 2009 21:42:35 schrieb Roland Smith:
On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 07:49:16PM +0100, Frank Wißmann wrote:
Hi, list!
I have a problem using the above mentioned programs because
there doesn't seem to be a manpage installed. Can anybody give
me a clue on how to get help?
Both do have manpages. What kind of error do you get when you try
e.g. 'man portmaster'? It might be that your manual pages setup
is broken.
I get the message "No manual entry for portmaster", but using your
command I can read it. "man man" e. g. works perfectly.
That sounds to me that the configuration for the man command is
broken. If you give the 'manpath' command, does the output include
/usr/local/man? If not, add the following lines to
/etc/manpath.config:

OPTIONAL_MANPATH        /usr/local/man
MANPATH_MAP     /usr/local/bin          /usr/local/man

Roland
"manpath" does show correct settings AFAIK meaning that the answer to your question is "yes".

Frank

Try a rehash.

$ rehash

Do a Da Rock said.

Do notice that both portmaster and portmanager are third party applications and need to be installed.

cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster/; make install clean; rehash
cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmanager/; make install clean; rehash